Seniors care, living and wellness is rapidly growing industry with a wide range of job opportunities available, from direct care positions like nurses and health care assistants, to administrative and support roles like social workers and case managers. These careers offer meaningful and rewarding work, as you have the chance to make a positive impact in the lives of seniors and their families.
One of the benefits of careers in seniors care and living is the diverse range of settings in which you can work. You can find jobs in long-term care homes, assisted living residences, retirement/ independent living homes, and even in private homes with home health agencies. No matter where you work, you will be helping older people maintain their independence, dignity and quality of life, which can be incredibly fulfilling.
The demand for workers in the sector care industry is expected to grow significantly over the next decade, as the Baby Boomer generation continues to age and live longer. This means there will be ample job opportunities available in this field, making it a smart choice for anyone looking for a stable career and to make a difference in people’s lives. Learn more about career opportunities and pathways below.
- Be a Health Care Hero—British Columbia needs health care heroes like you. Provide support and care for frail and elderly seniors.
- Enjoy A Rewarding Career—Caring for seniors is a fulfilling profession that matters. You can make a difference every day and build meaningful relationships with your residents and clients.
- Job Opportunities—Find job opportunities in every community in B.C. and beyond. Over the next ten years, British Columbia will need 30,000 new seniors care and living workers like you.
- Flexible Employment Options—Casual, part-time, or full-time work schedules are available with a variety of flexible options. Choose from day, evening, night and weekend shift schedules.
- Choose Your Care Setting—Seniors’ care and living workers are employed in many work environments in BC, including long-term care homes, assisted living residences, retirement homes, and clients’ own homes (known as home health).
- Competitive Pay & Benefits—Earn a living wage, with many entry level positions starting at $23 per hour plus benefits.
- Earn while you learn—Gain valuable experience in non-clinical support roles while studying to
achieve your dream career as a health care assistant, nurse or allied health professional. There are many career paths available in this sector. Learn more below.